The world is now more connected than ever before. The web is becoming faster, more affordable, and more accessible for everyone. This trend has made the field of digital marketing incredibly important and something businesses simply can’t ignore.
If you’re interested in using the internet as a marketing tool and want to kickstart your career as a digital marketer, read on. This guide will address how you can build a future in the space.
We’ll go over some common questions faced when applying for digital marketing jobs. We’ll also point you in the direction of some top online resources to help you in your digital marketer job search.
We succeed when you succeed
We're dedicated to setting you up for career success. Check out our industry-first look at promotions, raises, and job growth a year and beyond Thinkful graduation.
The Digital Marketing Job Market
The digital marketing industry is booming. The last few years have seen a surge in demand for skilled digital marketing professionals. The space now provides excellent career prospects and lucrative compensation packages.
Aspiring digital marketers will find themselves spoilt for choice in terms of job opportunities and specialization options. SEO is one of the most popular areas of work, but you can also focus on search engine marketing (SEM), social media marketing (SMM), email marketing, and website analytics.
As the internet evolves, so does the role of digital marketing. Professionals are expected to be constantly learning and moving with the times. Search algorithms, online advertising platforms, and marketing tools change fast. If you want a career in this field, be prepared to continually learn the latest techniques. Online marketing bootcamps are a great way to stay ahead of the curve and keep your skills relevant.
How to Search for Digital Marketer Jobs
The Internet has made searching for a job easy, efficient, and fast. You can access numerous websites where companies post job openings. The following websites are highly recommended:
- LinkedIn: This is a great portal for both job seekers and employers. You can search for digital marketer jobs and related titles, see company profiles, and network with like-minded professionals. You can build your portfolio on LinkedIn, where you can list your skills, achievements, recommendations, job history, and other aspects that you consider important.
- Indeed: Indeed is one of the most popular job search engines in the world. You’ll find plenty of job opportunities for a wide range of different fields, including digital marketer roles at every experience level. With filters like salary, job location, and employer, you can save time and narrow down your search. Indeed also shows employment trends and market competition that can be useful.
- American Marketing Association (AMA): This reputed association publishes useful marketing content and hosts events. They have a comprehensive job board where you can search for specific positions. They also provide additional services like resume writing tips, information about social networking, and reference checking - all geared toward aspiring digital marketers.
- Monster: Monster is another job platform similar to Indeed. Numerous companies, small and large, post their job openings on the site. Their search bar and range of search filters can help you find your perfect digital marketing position.
- Glassdoor: What makes this platform different from others is that you’ll find company reviews from current and former employees. You need to register first, and then you can search for whatever specialization you’re interested in, or more generally for digital marketer stats.
- Talent Zoo: This site is perfect for those interested in advertising, designing, and marketing jobs. You can upload your resume and start applying for jobs immediately. You can also read career advice from experts.
- MediaBistro: Aspiring content creators, digital marketers, and other media professionals can find an array of job listings here. They also have a section for freelancers. If you’re a freelancer, you can become a member and create a profile to start searching for jobs.
- Marketing Hire: The name of this site is self-explanatory. It’s a useful online resource and job board for digital marketer positions. Marketing Hire partners with websites like AMA, Business Marketing Association (BMA), Data and Marketing Association (DMA), and American Advertising Federation (AAF) to list many marketing-based jobs. Apart from job openings, they also offer career advice from experts, marketing career news, career coaching services, and a few other interesting features.
The Next Step in Your Digital Marketing Future
Digital marketing gives you the opportunity to connect with thousands (or even millions) of target customers. A successful online marketing campaign will not only boost sales but bring immense job satisfaction and confidence.
If you want to kickstart your marketing career consider taking our digital marketing course. This intensive bootcamp will provide you with all the skills you need for a bright future in this space. You’ll have the opportunity to build a professional portfolio, learn key internet marketing tools, and network with other aspiring digital marketers. We’ll stick with you every step of the way, to help you achieve your goals and get hired at a top marketing firm.
You might also want to read our digital marketing blog. You’ll find many more marketing-oriented articles including Careers in Digital Marketing (and how much they pay).
Launch Your Digital Marketing Career
Learn the technical skills needed to build an audience, create a brand, and drive sales. Study with a flexible, online schedule, a personal mentor, and peer groups.