As the impact of social media grows, so do the career possibilities in the area. The 2020 pandemic demonstrated, even more than before, that social media can enhance customer relationships and partnerships.
A social media manager creates and manages a company's presence on social media and channels. They respond to messages, put together marketing campaigns, and produce content. They may be part of a large marketing division or the marketing team in cases where social media is the primary marketing channel.
At times, they have opportunities to advise business leaders on how to improve their online presence. In addition to being a brand's voice, social media managers analyze campaign performance by monitoring engagement rates such as likes, clicks, and shares.
How is a social media manager helpful?
Most consumers discover new brands through social media. It can empower a company to create a meaningful bond with consumers and generate new opportunities in marketing and revenue if adequately managed. Daily activities might include:
• Building online communities to develop and implement social media strategy to improve online presence, marketing and sales efforts
• Facilitating social media communities by responding to posts on social media and facilitating discussions
• Monitoring, tracking, analyzing, and reporting on social media platform performance using analytical tools.
• Creating as well as curating content as per the client's demands.
What are the essential skills of a social media manager?
A social media manager knows how to communicate and maintain a positive brand image as a marketer, strategic thinker, content writer, designer, analyst, and other roles, all simultaneously, as per the need. Specific skills related to critical marketing and marketing are necessary to manage the responsibilities. An excellent social media manager possesses social media skills. These skills are a combination of hard and soft skills.
• The hard skills, such as data analysis and copywriting, can be described as part of the position specification and can be learned through professional development and training.
• Soft skills such as personal characteristics, social skills and abilities, understanding, and competencies are used to perform interactional activities and unique tasks like organizing and communication skills.
Social Media Marketing Tools
A social media manager should consider adding the following to their marketing toolkit to get social channels in shape. There are numerous tools available to assist you in staying organized and streamlining the process:
Canva is a graphic design tool for creating high-quality visual assets for your social media channels. Because it is simple to use even if you have little design experience, it is a popular tool for marketers of all skill levels. It has pre-saved templates to assist people with their marketing endeavors.
You can schedule posts for each social media platform ahead of time, all from a single dashboard, making it simple to plan and manage your content because you can see what you're posting on each social media platform in a single place. It simplifies links you share automatically, and if you use Bitly, you can link your accounts.
It is a social media marketing automation solution that aims to create strategic social media campaigns that increase traffic. Also, it assists you in automating the creation of social content by scraping the content of your blog posts and producing a year's worth of social content.
Other automation and scheduling options include Hootsuite, Agorapulse and Sprout Social.
So, how lucrative is the remuneration in this field?
According to ZipRecruiter the average salary for a social media manager is $54,360. Like many positions, salary for this position can vary based on state, company and experience. If you’re looking for ways to advance your expertise, you could consider a Digital Marketing Bootcamp, which is ideal for aspiring social media managers.