Metis accelerates your career in data science. Our immersive courses, designed by world-class industry practitioners, provide you with intensive, on-site instruction, access to an extensive network of speakers and mentors, and ongoing career coaching and job placement support. Our goal is to prepare you to succeed as a data scientist.
To help you succeed, we commit to:
- Train you to think and act like a data scientist, which starts with asking the right questions and constantly adapting as new information is learned.
- Teach you the most essential skills and technologies to establish a baseline knowledge from which you can springboard into your next job.
- Immerse you in real-world, complex problems that you will unravel to create a robust portfolio of projects.
- Create opportunities to connect with prospective employers and present to them your skills and passion.
- Provide you with excellent student support so that your attention remains exclusively focused on becoming a data scientist.
- Inject continual fun, passion, and excitement into your experience at Metis.
The Data Science bootcamp produces graduates ready for immediate hire as data science professionals, prepared to extract insights from data sets of any size using statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms, and clearly communicate outcomes to stakeholders. Created by professional data scientists from Datascope Analytics, an elite data science firm in Chicago, the bootcamp is designed for individuals with a bit of programming experience and a good head for creative statistical applications.
Apply for Metis' $3,000 scholarships for women, underrepresented groups, and US military veterans through their application here.
To update the information on this page, submit a PR.
|Program: Data Science Bootcamp||Cities: New York, San Francisco||Duration: 12 weeks||Cost: $14,000|
Metis data science bootcampers will leave fully qualified for entry-level jobs as data scientists. Career networking, preparation, and support begins from the first day of bootcamp; alumni can also continue to take advantage of special networking opportunities while working part-time as data science consultants. Metis graduates have landed data scientist jobs at dozens of companies including Columbia Law School, Etsy, and Kaplan.
Verfied answers from graduates of this school will include this badge
Very information rich. Focused on the core concepts. The instructor is very engaged / engaging and brings a lot of energy. The program is fully focused on skills preparation so that you can wrap your hands around problems and come up with working solutions.
It is definitely worth it. The project based curriculum works and the type of people handling the class are very open to inputs - they almost require it. Having the bootcamp in key cities is also a big part of the experience - especially for me, an international student.
Talk with Metis graduates
- Hows the job assistance/ placement?
- How many capstone projects you are asked to do? how many can you finish in 12 weeks?
- How does the program expands one’s career options when most employers look for data science skills and specific industry experience?
- How would you describe the culture at Metis?
- How effective were your instructors?
- What advice would you give a new student?
Bootcamp grads love to talk. We'll find students from Metis to answer your questions.
Verfied answers from graduates of this school will include this badge:
No answers yet.
No answers yet.
No answers yet.
Casual, fast paced, you get out what you put in. Students are all friendly and non-competitive. Very supportive environment. If you need help, you just have to ask - but its up to you to be proactive.
Very friendly and open. Everyone is eager to help out and that makes for a pleasant learning environment. It is competitive in some ways, but you compete with yourself wanting to do a great job. The staff is really open to feedback as well - there's daily feedback and you can be very open.
Sergey is great. Very knowledgeable. He brings obvious expertise to the class. He also is all about getting the material into our heads. Never gets flustered. Answers every question. He has no ego about the learning process and encourages the class to find different approaches.
Hmm..I think the instructors could have been better at least for my cohort. Instructors shuffle every cohort so it really is hard to say. The TAs were awesome though. And with most things, how much you learn is largely a function of how much effort you put in. Then again, having the best instructors would help.
The course is very fast paced. Definitely do your homework before it starts. There's also lots of extra material that you can learn on the side and come back to again and again.
Know what you are getting into. Think about what learning environment works for you - MOOC, Bootcamp, formal classes, etc. Each has its own pros and cons. Go in with the drive to learn and do great things - I understand that jobs are important but good jobs will follow a great project portfolio.