From movie reviews, to true crime stories, to life skills hacks, if you can think of a topic, there’s a chance that someone has made a podcast about it. In fact, as of 2018 there were 550,000 active podcasts and 18.5 million individual episodes available on iTunes. That’s why it’s no surprise that since 2014, podcasts have had their own national day. To celebrate, here are the top five you should be listening to if you’re looking for the inspiration to change your career (and your life).
1) How I Built This: Go behind the scenes on the creation of the world’s best known brands with NPR’s Guy Raz. The founders of AllBirds, Dyson, Yelp, and more share how they got their start, where they got the courage to change careers, and what it takes to become an industry-disrupting name.
2) Inquiring Minds: Explore all the questions you’ve probably had about life, but never had the guts to ask. Hosted by neuroscientist and musician Indre Viskontas and scientist and educator Kishore Hari, you’ll get the rundown of how science, politics, and society can help you connect the dots of life’s grand schemes.
3) The James Altucher Show: Altucher invites ‘Choose Yourself-ers’ onto his show to dive into the highs and lows of forging your own path, and what it takes to launch a fulfilling career. Guests include titans from almost every industry you can think of, including astronauts, drug dealers, and supermodels.
4) Safe For Work: Want to avoid burnout at work? Need tips on starting a new job search – and when to quit? Hosts Liz Dolan and Rico Gagliano share advice on all aspects of work life while helping you get inspired to take charge of your career.
5) Reply All: The self-proclaimed ‘podcast about the internet’ is more accurately a look at the world around us, and how it is affected by and interacts with technology. On top of sharing stories, the hosts also often take the time to solve particularly difficult tech-based questions from callers.
Inspired and want to achieve, earn, and do more for you career, but not sure where to start? Take this quiz to help you choose the field that’s right for you.
At Thinkful, we’re building the world’s next workforce. Are you in?