Website design, user experience, and overall site layout play a key role in the success or failure of any business that wants to build their online presence. With so many choices available on the web, even the slightest frustration will cause the user to hit the back button and spend their money elsewhere.
It’s the job of talented front-end developers to ensure website users feel comfortable and engaged while browsing a website. They’re responsible for creating a consistent brand image and making sure users can easily navigate their way around.
We’re in the digital age. No matter what industry you’re in, chances are you’ll need a website to connect with customers and sell your products. This tech boom has increased the demand for front-end developers tremendously.
If you’re creative and have an eye for design, a front-end developer job could be your true calling. Positions in the field are well-paid and offer excellent job prospects. This article will provide you with some tips on landing a front-end developer job. We’ll go through example interview questions, list a few online job platforms, and discuss focused education programs you might want to consider to kickstart your front-end developer career.
We succeed when you succeed
We're dedicated to setting you up for career success. Check out our industry-first look at promotions, raises, and job growth a year and beyond Thinkful graduation.
Where to Find Front-End Developer Jobs
Before starting your job search have a clear strategy in place. You should first decide on the kind of role and the type of company you prefer. There are advantages and disadvantages when working for both large and small organizations. You must also decide if you’re happy to relocate. You should have answers to all these questions before commencing your job search. Here are some online portals that’ll help you find your perfect front-end developer position:
- LinkedIn: It’s the world’s largest social media platform for professionals. Although LinkedIn doesn’t specifically include front-end developer jobs, most companies post their job openings here. You can create your portfolio, upload your resume, and start applying for jobs immediately.
- GitHub Jobs: This platform is geared towards tech-related jobs and is a hub for front-end developers, coders, full-stack developers, and other tech professionals. You can network with like-minded experts, browse job listings, and use the search feature to focus in on your perfect front-end developer job.
- Stack Overflow: The largest online community of developers, Stack Overflow is a resource to learn code and connect with industry experts. Just like GitHub, they have a job board, where you can search for jobs.
- Dice: This is a popular job board for IT and tech professionals. You’ll find all kinds of tech-related job openings listed here. Employers must pay to post jobs on the site. This means all jobs are from serious recruiters.
- Mashable: You’ll find an array of tech and media-related jobs on this platform. The best part is that you don’t have to create an account to apply for a position. If you want to post your resume and cover letter on the website, you have the option to do so.
- Tuts+: This is another good platform dedicated to developer and design jobs. Tuts+ also has international job listings. This makes the site perfect for candidates looking to relocate overseas. You don’t have to create an account to begin applying for positions.
- AngelList: This is for front-end developers who want to work at a start-up. It’s perfect for those applying for entry-level jobs. You’re required to create an account before you start applying for positions. You simply upload your resume and your online profile is created.
- Product Hunt: This is another great portal for aspiring front-end developers interested in working at start-ups. The job list isn’t as extensive as some other sites, but the positions are updated regularly.
Your Next Step
To land a front-end developer job, you first need to invest in your education. If you’re serious about a future in web design, consider enrolling in our web design bootcamp. You’ll learn how to create an amazing online user experience and develop easy-to-use interfaces. Our mentors will support you during the course and help you achieve your goal of becoming a front-end developer. Schedule a call with one of our experts to learn how you can get started.
Learn to Code with Thinkful
Take the proven path to a high-income career with professional mentorship and support, flexible ways to pay, and real-world, project-based learning.